Video games have certainly come a long way since they were announced to the world a few decades ago. We have definitely made the jump from standard issue controllers (which of today, look nothing like the original that had just a couple of buttons at best) to motion controlled gaming, even using your entire body like the Microsoft Kinect as the controller itself. Well, a Microsoft patent recently detailed an immersive video games display system which is capable of projecting images of the title’s environment around a player’s room. The whole idea behind this is to extend graphics beyond the edges of a TV to “make the experience more realistic”, making it sound as though this is the IMAX version of video games.
There is no timeframe placed on when such a particular device would be released, but assuming something like this rolls off the assembly line, does it mean that you would be performing a living room makeover soon? After all, the current set up with bric-a-brac all over the place is hardly conducive for an immersive gaming experience.RELATED
- Ingress Storyline Set To Continue?
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- The Walking Dead Game Season 2 Trailer Focuses On Clementine's Survival
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Follow: patent,
- Seen at: bbc