Many believe that Apple’s next-gen iPhone will incorporate the new nano-SIM standard and according to previous rumors, carriers in Europe have reportedly begun stockpiling nano-SIMs in anticipation of the iPhone 5’s release. Well thanks to the folks at iFun, they have managed to get their hands on what appears to be a nano-SIM for Deutsche Telekom, and according to a message that was attached with the SIM cards:
You will receive today a new generation of SIM cards for the latest generation of smartphones that come in the near future on the market. Sort your SIM card please first not in their cards in hand and give it not out to customers.We will inform you shortly about how to proceed.
Of course the nano-SIM could be for other unannounced phones but given the previous rumors and with the announcement of the next-gen iPhone only a little over a week away (rumored), it hardly seems like coincidence, does it?
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2012-09-26: DIY nano SIM card for unlocked iPhone 5
- 2012-07-17: European carriers reportedly stockpiling nano SIMs in anticipation of the iPhone 5