Yes, we do know that there are plenty of rumors going around that the new iPhone (which allegedly sports a new 4” display with 16:9 aspect ratio) will most probably be announced at the September 12th event later this month, in addition to carrying a new and smaller 9-pin connector. There are also some thoughts bandied about that this 9-pin connector will be similar in size to the microUSB plug, at least according to French site NowhereElse.fr.
There were photos offered up for eyeballs around the world that display a microUSB cable as well as the alleged new dock connector cable that hails from an anonymous source, and the startling thing was this – the size of both seem to be the same. It does seem as though the new 9-pin connector’s cable can be plugged into a device regardless of its orientation, making life slightly simpler since you no longer need to figure out just which side to plug it in. I guess there is no need to to fret too much, as all one needs to do is sit tight and wait.
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2013-02-05: iPhone Battery Case: Mophie Juice Pack Helium Shipping Next Week
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]