It was just earlier in the day when we talked about the leaked Asha 309 from Nokia, and the handset has already been announced, alongside the Asha 308. Both are budget-friendly devices that claim to offer a smartphone experience, although the degree of how one determines a “smartphone experience” is relative. Either way, both handsets will feature Internet connectivity, apps, maps, social networking and games amongst others.
Nokia claims that they come with a fluid ‘swipe’ user interface and an open environment for third-party app development, sharing a 3”, scratch-resistant, capacitive touchscreen, a 2-megapixel camera, built-in speakers and the fun-to-use Asha Touch operating system. Nokia’s new Xpress Browser will also be carried on both handsets, where they rely on cloud compression technology that makes web faster while touting a claim of consuming just 10% of data than normal.
The Asha 308 is a dual SIM phone, while the Asha 309 carries just one SIM card. The Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309 were tipped to retail for around $99 a pop prior to taxes and subsidies, with shipping commencing from Q4 this year onwards.
- Samsung Could Be Working On Transparent Displays With Rear Touchscreen Controls
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- LG: Flexible Displays Will Account For 40% Of The Market In 2018
- Honda's Smartphone Case N Comes With Air Bags
- Samsung SM-G900F Shows Up In Shipping Manifest
- Follow: asha, Nokia,
- Seen at: conversations.nokia