It was just earlier in the day when we talked about the leaked Asha 309 from Nokia, and the handset has already been announced, alongside the Asha 308. Both are budget-friendly devices that claim to offer a smartphone experience, although the degree of how one determines a “smartphone experience” is relative. Either way, both handsets will feature Internet connectivity, apps, maps, social networking and games amongst others.
Nokia claims that they come with a fluid ‘swipe’ user interface and an open environment for third-party app development, sharing a 3”, scratch-resistant, capacitive touchscreen, a 2-megapixel camera, built-in speakers and the fun-to-use Asha Touch operating system. Nokia’s new Xpress Browser will also be carried on both handsets, where they rely on cloud compression technology that makes web faster while touting a claim of consuming just 10% of data than normal.
The Asha 308 is a dual SIM phone, while the Asha 309 carries just one SIM card. The Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309 were tipped to retail for around $99 a pop prior to taxes and subsidies, with shipping commencing from Q4 this year onwards.
Next Story: Samsung MV900F camera now available for purchase
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-07: Nokia Unleashes Major Asha Update
- 2014-03-25: Nokia Asha 230 Is Most Affordable Nokia Touchscreen Phone
- 2013-11-21: WhatsApp For Nokia Asha 501 Released
- 2013-11-19: Viber To Land On Trio Of Nokia Asha Phones
- 2013-10-21: Nokia Asha 502 Leaked