So we took a gander at the Nokia Lumia 920 just a few minutes ago, and certainly something like the Nokia Lumia 820 is not going to wow the audience as much as the flagship model, but is the Lumia 820 worth looking at? Most definitely, as you know, different strokes for different folks come into play here. The Nokia Lumia 820 shares the same polycarbonate body as well as ceramic features as on its higher end sibling, the Lumia 920, while sporting a removable back cover for a larger range of customization options. Carl Zeiss optics have been thrown into the mix, in addition to a 4.3″ OLED WVGA display, all powered by a 1650mAh battery which should give it an average endurance in the smartphone world. In addition, there is a microSD memory card slot for expansion purposes.
Other hardware specifications of the Lumia 820 include a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, an 8-megapixel shooter at the back with dual LED flash and Full HD video capture capability, 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal memory. Up to 7GB of free SkyDrive storage is also thrown into the mix for your convenience.
Wireless charging is also thrown into the mix, although it does not come built-in, so you will have to fork out additional dough to take advantage of this feature. Paying for admission’s sake is definitely the way of the world. A photo gallery of the Nokia Lumia 820 can be found at the end of the post.
Well, it does not seem as though there is much to say about the Nokia Lumia 820, other than the fact that it is a watered down version of the flagship Lumia 920 model. I suppose folks who are on a tighter budget and yet want to jump aboard the Windows Phone 8 bandwagon will give this a go, otherwise they might just go fork broke and settle for the Lumia 920. Just like the Nokia Lumia 920, the Lumia 820 will arrive sometime in the fourth quarter of this year, without pricing details being divulged.
For a quick look at Windows Phone 8 as shared by Joe Belfiore on the stage, you can check out our coverage here.
Next Story: Windows Phone 8 on Nokia Lumia 920 preview
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-01-30: Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2013-11-06: Nokia Lumia 1520 Headed To AT&T On Nov. 15 For $199
- 2013-10-21: More Than 8 Million Nokia Lumia Smartphones Sold This Quarter, Says WSJ
- 2013-03-26: Windows Phone 8 Update Activates FM Radio, Double-Tap To Wake On Lumia 920
- 2012-09-05: Nokia special event wrap-up