Avid shutterbugs would definitely know that this year’s Photokina is right around the corner, so you can bet your bottom hard earned dollar that rumors of upcoming digital cameras and camera accessories will begin to make their journey to the Internet, carried over by curious seekers who feel better that they have a pulse on what’s to come in the digital imaging industry. Well, the Olympus XZ-2 is one of the leaked digital cameras, and it is a no-brainer to say that this will continue from where the Olympus XZ-1 point and shoot camera left off.
This new model does seem to share many of its predecessor’s design DNA, except for a fake leather grip as well as the inclusion of a toggle switch that will need some explanation upon its announcement. It does seem as though Olympus has positioned the XZ-2 to be a digital camera for outdoorsmen, as it will have an underwater case accessory as well as a molded cowhide cover. Patience should be able to reveal all there is to know about the Olympus XZ-2 in due time.
- 2014-03-31: Olympus STYLUS TG-3 Rugged Camera Unveiled
- 2014-03-31: Olympus STYLUS SH-1 Unveiled
- 2014-01-29: Olympus Stylus SP-100 Superzoom Camera With Dot-Sight Tracking Announced
- 2014-01-29: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 Camera Announced
- 2014-01-29: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Has Been Officially Launched