When Samsung announced the Galaxy Note at IFA last year, we’re sure that many thought that this would just be a trend, or a novelty. After all, who would want something that’s half smartphone half tablet, right? Well Samsung’s competitors certainly do not think that this is a novelty as companies such as LG (and possibly HTC) have since released devices to compete with the Galaxy Note and its successor, the Galaxy Note 2. Well it looks like another Korean company is here to add more variety to the mix and it is none other than Pantech with the Vega R3.
Featuring a 5.3” HD display, the Vega R3 will be powered by Qualcomm’s quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 processor, the same found in LG’s upcoming Optimus G, a whopping 13MP rear-facing camera, a 2MP front-facing camera, NFC, 4G LTE, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, a 2,600mAh battery and will run on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box. We have to admit we are slightly disappointed with the last bit as we expected Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to be the icing on the cake, but we don’t see why the Vega R3 will not be updated in due time. No word on when the Pantech Vega R3 will be released in other countries, but in the meantime the phone is set for a release on major South Korean carriers.
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor