PowerSkin has just introduced what they deem to be a first in the world, a NFC-enabled case for the Samsung Galaxy S3. Specially designed for Samsung’s flagship smartphone, it debuts today while carrying patent-pending technology that enables NFC transmission in order to pass through the silicone case, delivering the option for quick information sharing along the way. It has a 1,500 mAh rechargeable battery just like most of the other PowerSkin cases which can extend the talk time by up to 2.83 hours and up to 97 hours standby.
There is an On/Off button that is located on the side to deliver power on demand, while its Smart Power Management feature shuts the PowerSkin off whenever the Galaxy S3 is fully charged, so that power use is optimized. Each $79.99 purchase will come with a cable for data synchronization when recharging, and the LED battery lights inform you of the current charging status.
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-19: LG Debuts Washing Machine With NFC Technology
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected By End Of March
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2012-09-03: Samsung Galaxy S3 Gets Quick Tap Contactless Payment Service
- 2012-07-31: Google Wallet gets hacked onto a Samsung Galaxy S3