It wasn’t too long ago that both LG and Qualcomm announced LG’s latest Android smartphone, the Optimus G. It was significant due to the fact that the phone would be powered by Qualcomm’s latest SoC, the Snapdragon S4 Pro. Well the good news is that if you thought that quad-core powered handsets were only for high-end devices, you could be in for a treat as Qualcomm has announced two new quad-core S4 processors under its “Play” MSM8x25Q series which are entry-level tiered.
These new processors are said to feature higher bus bandwidth, integrated multimode UMTS/CDMA modems, both 720p display and 720p HD video support which means that features originally only found in higher-end devicescould now be making its way into entry-level devices. Qualcomm’s new MSM8x25Q processors are expected to be ready for sampling by the end of 2012 and will be ready for shipping come 2013, so if you’re on a tight budget but want a quad-core phone, 2013 might prove to be an interesting one. [Press release]
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-14 In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-07 Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24 OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10 Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor