It seems that a Bulgarian did call the local Samsung chapter and enquired whether the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and S Advance smartphones would be on the receiving end of the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich anytime soon, and the answer that he received was definitely not an orthodox one. In fact, he was told that there was no Ice Cream Sandwich update coming, but wait for it; there will be a jump to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean right away, meaning the Ice Cream Sandwich goodness will be bypassed.
Do you think that this particular claim holds any water, or is it just a miscommunication over at Samsung Bulgaria? Granted, of all places, Bulgaria is not on most people’s radars when it comes to discovering new information about ROM updates, but I guess that stranger things have happened. We will still keep a keen eye out on the global availability of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean from Samsung for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and S Advance, so do check back with us from time to time.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-11-19: Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-04-11: Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Starting Today
- 2013-04-09: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Review
- 2013-04-05: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100P, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Start To Receive Android Jelly Bean
- 2013-03-26: Samsung Galaxy Express Receiving Android Jelly Bean Starting Today