More than a week ago, we found out that the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a high chance of appearing on T-Mobile, coming under the guise of the Samsung SGH-T889. Well, fast forward to today, and it has been confirmed that T-Mobile will be on the receiving end of the Galaxy Note, where it will sport similar specifications underneath the hood as that of the international variant, while running on T-Mobile’s HSPA+ network to boot. You will not need to wait for an operating system update, either, as the Galaxy Note 2 will have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean pre-installed right out of the box.
Word has it that Samsung is hard at work in testing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the T-Mobile version, compiling test builds once every four to five days, while distributing them to their device testers via OTA. At this point in time, the T889UVALIC Firmware is being tested, freshly compiled on September 15th. All seems to run hunky dory as at press time, and we do hope to see the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 arrive on T-Mobile sooner rather than later lest it loses the “wow” factor in the highly competitive smartphone market.
Next Story: London Underground Circuit Maps
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2013-12-09: Android 4.3 For T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 Released
- 2013-03-24: T-Mobile 4G LTE Network Being Tested In 9 Cities
- 2013-03-18: T-Mobile 4G LTE Service Rolling Out This Month
- 2012-10-26: T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 has LTE radio built-in
- 2012-10-24: T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy Note 2 now available for purchase