Chatter about an impending Verizon Galaxy Note 2 has hit the web following the apparition of what briefmobile says is a screenshot from a Verizon version of the 5.5″ smartphone from Samsung. According to them, the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will be identical in specs to the international version, which means that it will have a quad-core chip (SoC) and LTE support.
That the Galaxy Note 2 comes to Verizon is not a surprise (AT&T should get one too…). We expected that. However Samsung previously used dual-core chips from Qualcomm to get support for LTE bands from US carriers for the Galaxy S3. Users were mildly happy about it, but in the end, the phone was still a success.
But the story gets better. the same source says that the Samsung Galaxy Note will come to every major US carrier, which is unprecedented. Heck, even US Cellular is going to have it (along with Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint). Stay tuned. don’t miss out Samsung Galaxy Note 2 hands-on.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2013-05-08: Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available At Staples
- 2012-10-01: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 variants for AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon stop by the FCC
- 2012-06-03: Samsung Galaxy S3 will be headed to five carriers in June
- 2011-01-13: Verizon and HTC take top spot for Android 2.2 Froyo updates
- 2010-09-19: Samsung Galaxy Tab Carrier Launch Dates Leaked?