So you have the latest and greatest Android-powered smartphone from Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy S3, and yet did end up scratching your head as to why the device came with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and had yet to make the jump to the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update. This anticipation of a new operating system update has been looked forward to for weeks by many folks now, with leaks making many an appearance over the weeks before. While we are left to keep on guessing, it seems that Samsung has stepped forward to reveal that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update window has been narrowed down to sometime in October.
No promises though, but it does seem to jive considering the UK’s first 4G network recent announcement as well as plans to roll out a new variant of the Samsung Galaxy S3 to support it – with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in tow, no doubt about it. I guess in this case, there really isn’t much one can do about it other than sit back and wait. Patience is, after all, a virtue, don’t you think so?
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2012-11-02 Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update leaked
- 2012-10-24 Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arriving on Sprint this October 24th
- 2012-10-17 Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean confirmed for “the coming months”
- 2012-10-15 Samsung UK confirms Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3
- 2012-10-15 Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arrives in Sweden