It seems that the folks over at Samsung are busy with the “next big thing” that is already in the market, the Samsung Galaxy S3. The thing is, the Galaxy S3 that is being worked upon is no ordinary Galaxy S3 that you can find in store shelves, simply because it is being used to test out Tizen, right after Samsung picked up a WiFi certification for it to boot. No idea exactly on why Samsung has decided to work with Tizen on the Galaxy S3, but hopefully we will have more questions than answers in due time. Perhaps Samsung might be testing Tizen on a yet to be announced handset that shares the same hardware specifications as the Galaxy S3?
Other than that, we should not discount the possibility of Tizen being some sort of top secret application that no one knows about, yet. After all, Samsung did delay the arrival of the first batch of Tizen devices to next year, while an even crazier rumor out there has made its rounds, claiming that Samsung has decided to merge both Tizen with Bada in order to create a totally new platform that will target the low/mid-end market. What do you think?
Next Story: Tagg Pet Tracker gets new tracking feature
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2013-09-10: Tizen 3.0 Spotted On The Samsung Galaxy S3