It is safe to assume that Samsung’s decision to go with Android certainly netted them more success when compared to their earlier attempts with Bada, Samsung’s own mobile platform. However according to recent reports via Digitimes, it has been suggested that Samsung has plans to launch a Galaxy smartphone that will be based on the Tizen platform. This will be a first considering that Samsung’s Galaxy smartphones have typically been based on Android.
While it is merely a rumor at this point in time, it isn’t that much of a stretch considering that Samsung had reportedly tested Tizen on its Galaxy S3, plus with Huawei looking to launch its own mobile operating system as a backup plan, such speculation isn’t exactly ludicrous. No word on when this alleged Tizen-based Galaxy smartphone will launch, but what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-16 High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-03-17 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23 Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen