Crowd-funding is an idea that has definitely taken off in a big way, where we have seen some interesting devices and ideas being implemented, while others were swept aside because no one bought the idea. Heck, even VoIP giants Skype has stepped forward and is exploring the crowd-funding idea with Skype for Peace, where all funds raised via this program will be donated to Peace One Day. Peace One Day is an organization which is devoted to promoting non-violence regardless of its form, apart from expanding their Global Education Resource and to reach even more students worldwide. If you believe in this idea, you can participate from $10 onwards, where Skype will also match each dollar donated up to a total of $100,000.
The Skype crowd-funding initiative kicks off today, where it will end this coming November 21st. That would mean there are two more months to go before the entire exercise ends. Those who want to start collecting their brownie points for the afterlife can start doing their part from today onwards.
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop