If you are a PS3 owner who has played Skyrim and have been waiting patiently for news on the Dawnguard DLC, well, there does not seem to be any good news in side as the release date for that particular DLC remains a heated topic still. To further add to the disappointment, one of Bethesda’s top PR execs, Pete Hines, (who holds the position of VP of PR and marketing), tweeted to a question that concerned the release date, saying, “No, we will not release it if we can’t get the performance to an ‘acceptable’ standard. Our stance on this has not changed.”
In other words, that would mean if Skyrim Dawnguard for the PS3 is not up to snuff, it will not be released. I do hope that some sense of closure will be made available to gamers, especially fans of the franchise, as being left hanging in the air for news of a potential release is never quite the most pleasant experience. Not only that, folks might just give up altogether if they had to wait like, forever. Perhaps giving the development team a certain timeframe or deadline to meet, otherwise the entire project will have to be scrapped, might be a better way to conclude things.
Hopefully by the time the development team figures out all the bugs plaguing Skyrim Dawnguard, the PS4 would not have been released.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2013-04-25: Skyrim Legendary Edition Coming June 4 To PC, Xbox 360, PS3
- 2013-02-27: Skyrim DLC Dawnguard Arrives On PS3 In Europe At 50% Discount
- 2012-12-07: Bethesda: Work on Dawnguard and Hearthfire for PS3 to continue after Dragonborn
- 2012-09-10: Sony and Bethesda scramble to get PS3 Dawnguard DLC working
- 2012-08-03: Skyrim Dawnguard DLC arrives on PC but not PS3 as Bethesda is not satisfied with its performance