We took a closer look at the Sony HMZ-T2 at the end of last month, but a fortnight ago, there was no information on the pricing details for the Sony HMZ-T2. Fast forward to today, and we have official word from Sony Japan that the Sony HMZ-T2 has been slapped with a price point, where it will arrive on store shelves this coming October 13th. Needless to say, the Sony HMZ-T2 is obviously a vast improvement over its predecessor, delivering a package that is far lighter on the scales, in addition to boasting a redesigned head strap for improved comfort, with ear buds replacing headphones in addition to support for 24p video and a “Clear” panel drive mode that would come in handy when you are viewing some serious, fast content.
I guess you can make a guess at what the US version will cost after checking out how much the Japanese will have to fork out for it. We are looking at a tune of $894 after conversion, which is rather pricey compared to its predecessor that cost $799 a pop last year Stateside. Do expect to see the Sony HMZ-T2 being in action at the Tokyo Game Show later this year. [Press Release (Japanese)]
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update