As far as rolling out updates are concerned, Sony seems to be doing a pretty good job of making them timely, and the good news is that if you own the Xperia U, it looks like you can expect the handset to receive an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in the next few weeks. This will bump the phone from its rather dated Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system to a slightly newer one. Granted it’s not Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but we suppose it’s better than nothing, right? This was confirmed by Sony via the Xperia Blog which unfortunately left out certain details such as a specific release date (“next few weeks” is pretty ambiguous as far as dates are concerned). In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled so check back with us at a later date for the details!
Next Story: Skype used to present thesis by students
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita