Sprint subscribers have long been waiting for the carrier to expand the reach of its 4G LTE services. The carrier has been offering 3G connectivity to its users on a fairly nation-wide scale but its 4G LTE services have been confined to only 19 metropolitan areas so far.
Now, the carrier has made an announcement today, stating that it is actively working on building the infrastructure required for 4G LTE in other areas. It also mentioned that 4G LTE services may be rolled out to 100 additional cities in the ‘coming months’, which gives a rather vague time-frame but still shows that the project is under way.
According to the senior vice president-Network at Sprint, Bob Azzi, “We are committed to delivering a cutting-edge network as quickly as possible, one that provides a greater level of reliability and speed to our 3G and 4G customers. We know our customers depend on their mobile devices as their primary source of communication, business connectivity and entertainment. We want to deliver a network that delivers mobile access, productivity and entertainment at a highly competitive price point.”
Among the cities that are set to get Sprint’s 4G LTE services are Washington DC, New York City, New Orleans, Los Angeles, Chicago, Orlando, Bostom and Miami. Although the company didn’t lock in on a definite date for the roll-out of its 4G services, it does state that it intends to have “completed the nationwide build out of the all new 3G and 4G network” by the end of 2013.
- 2014-04-17: Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2013-04-18: Sprint Announces LTE Expansion In 21 New Markets
- 2012-07-16: Sprint launches 4G LTE in 15 markets instead of 5
- 2012-03-09: The new iPad for Sprint shows up in Best Buy's database
- 2012-03-02: Sprint Galaxy Nexus arriving in April?
- 2012-01-09: LG Viper 4G LTE headed for Sprint