While we know that come 12th of September, it’s more or less a certainty that Apple will be taking the wraps off their next-gen iPhone. However when the phone will actually launch remains a mystery, which we’re assuming Apple will enlighten us during the announcement itself, but if the rumors are to be believed, the 21st of September is a likely date for the next-gen iPhone’s release – or could it? According to the folks at iSource, they have managed to get their hands on what appears to be a leaked training document for Sprint which has revealed the release date of the iPhone for the 15th of October, a little over a month after its announcement.
Of course this document could be faked by anyone with Photoshop, but assuming it’s true, it could be that Sprint might only get the phone on the 15th of October which could explain the date. Either that or like the folks at Macgasm have suggested, perhaps stock is limited and Apple might be giving priority to their online customers and retail stores, while carriers might have to wait for a later date. In any case we’ll take it with a grain of salt and suggest you do the same, but what do you guys think? Would you be annoyed if Sprint got it later than everyone else?
Next Story: Kindle Fire HD Hands-On
- 2014-04-22 Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14 Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11 Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2012-09-12 iPhone 5 on Sprint this September 21st
- 2011-10-03 Sprint iPhone 5 spotted in Radio Shack inventory list?
- 2011-09-22 Sprint's Dan Hesse dodges rumors about the iPhone 5
- 2011-09-16 Sprint says they can handle the iPhone
- 2011-09-13 Sprint to get iPhone 4 instead of iPhone 5 in October? (Rumor)