You know for sure that the Tokyo Game Show which is happening next week will not be a tame one with slews of announcements ready to go, and one of them could very well usher in a new super slim PS3 model. After all, with phones getting slimmer and slimmer by the day while packing in more features, why not apply the same kind of thinking to consoles? If the super slim PS3 rumor were to be true, then this would mark the second major hardware redesign of the PS3.
Other rumored specifications of the super slim PS3 include Bluetooth and 802.11b/g connectivity, coming in a variety of capacities of up to 500GB while being believed to have a pocket friendly price of approximately $150 thereabouts. Assuming all of the above are true, it just goes to show that there are still plenty of miles left in the legs of the PS3, so you might want to shelve any thoughts of the Sony PS4 making an appearance anytime soon.
In fact, a Polish retail website (not the one that is being sued by Apple for sure) has teased that there will be a new PS3 variant available this coming September 28th, which is also the same day where Sony will hold their press conference at the Tokyo Game Show. Coincidence or just confirmation? You decide.RELATED
- Microsoft Xbox Rumored For China Launch In September 2014
- Fallout 4 Could Be In The Works, According To Leaked Casting Call Documents
- Mario Kart 8 And Super Smash Bros. Pegged For Spring 2014
- Mysterious Fallout Website Releases Another Coded Message
- Upcoming GTA 5 DLC Could Feature Casinos, Dirt Racing, And Shark Shooting [Rumor]
- Follow: ps3, Sony,
- Seen at: tgdaily