You know for sure that the Tokyo Game Show which is happening next week will not be a tame one with slews of announcements ready to go, and one of them could very well usher in a new super slim PS3 model. After all, with phones getting slimmer and slimmer by the day while packing in more features, why not apply the same kind of thinking to consoles? If the super slim PS3 rumor were to be true, then this would mark the second major hardware redesign of the PS3.
Other rumored specifications of the super slim PS3 include Bluetooth and 802.11b/g connectivity, coming in a variety of capacities of up to 500GB while being believed to have a pocket friendly price of approximately $150 thereabouts. Assuming all of the above are true, it just goes to show that there are still plenty of miles left in the legs of the PS3, so you might want to shelve any thoughts of the Sony PS4 making an appearance anytime soon.
In fact, a Polish retail website (not the one that is being sued by Apple for sure) has teased that there will be a new PS3 variant available this coming September 28th, which is also the same day where Sony will hold their press conference at the Tokyo Game Show. Coincidence or just confirmation? You decide.
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14: Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29: PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-26: Sony To End Online Support For Some Of Their First-Party PS3 Titles
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17