Some of the higher-end smartphones like the iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S3 and the HTC One X feature pretty amazing cameras which should have no problems replacing your typical point-and-shoots, but due to the cameras being housed in a smartphone’s body and with emphasis being placed on thinness, there are some features lacking that could turn our phones into a proper, dedicated camera unit. The folks at Manfrotto are hoping to change that and have announced the Klyp which is basically a casing for the iPhone 4/4S that will allow it to be transformed into a more functional camera.
The Klyp will allow the iPhone 4/4S to be used on tripods and will support the addition of LED lightings which will help illuminate subjects, in the event that the built-in flash unit of the iPhone is inadequate. The case will also allow the clip-on of additional accessories that you might use with a professional camera, possibly attaching microphones to the setup for those looking to turn their phones into video recording devices. The Klyp will be available in five different kits, ranging from the bare essentials (just the case and adapter clips) to the full get up which includes an LED light and a pocket tripod. It is expected to be available come 1st of October and will be priced starting at £24.95.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger