If you have been following Apple news and rumors, you know that Vietnamese website Tinhte has a pretty good track record when it comes to getting their hands on Apple’s products ahead of time (as they did with the third-gen iPad, for example). Well now they claim to have gotten their hands on what appears to be a redesigned set of headphones which are apparently meant for Apple’s next-gen iPhone which is rumored for a 12th of September announcement.
The website believes that these headphones came from a Vietnamese Foxconn plant and on the cable, it reads “Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in Vietnam.” It appears to be quite legit but then again, these cables aren’t exactly hard to copy. Interestingly though these earphones appear to be different from what Apple usually bundles with the iPhone, although how well it performs remains to be seen. In any case we suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now, but assuming this is true, it looks like Apple’s next-gen iPhone won’t be the only thing that has undergone a redesign.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display