At the moment it wouldn’t be wrong to say that both iOS and Android are currently dominating the smartphone platform market. As to which platform is better it is certainly a matter of preference and is most certainly a debate for another time. So what about RIM? Will RIM’s upcoming Blackberry 10 platform be good enough to compete with the likes of iOS and Android, and possibly Microsoft’s upcoming Windows Phone 8? While beating iOS and Android certainly might be the ultimate goal for RIM, the company currently has Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 in their sights and this was confirmed by RIM’s CEO, Thorsten Heins, who believed that Blackberry 10 will have the opportunity to beat Windows Phone 8.
“We have a clear shot at being the number three platform on the market. We’re not just another open platform on the market, we are BlackBerry,” according to Heins who spoke to the press. Granted it’s hardly a “shoot for the stars and hit the moon” quote, but given that RIM’s Blackberry platform is struggling in the smartphone market, we guess third place is better than being out of the race completely! In any case based on what we’ve seen so far in screenshots, Blackberry 10 is certainly looking pretty good and we can’t wait to see how it actually handles when it launches in Q1 of 2013. So, any Blackberry loyalists pumped up by Heins’ statement?
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-02-04: BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Z10 To Debut In Black
- 2013-01-29: BlackBerry 10 Z10 Available For Online Orders In U.K. Starting Tomorrow
- 2013-01-28: RIM Reduces Pricing Tier For Apps On BlackBerry World