Apple’s pushed the next major iteration of its iOS operating system to the masses today. The OTA update is available now in your iPhone’s settings menu under Software Update. It’s a whopping 628MB, so make sure you’re on WiFi and plugged in before you update.
iOS 6 comes with some new goodies, such as a WiFi + Cellular setting, that nifty panorama feature we saw during the iPhone 5 announcement, and an improved version of Siri (she can tell you w now!) It also comes with some changes that the jury’s currently out on–it’ll remove the YouTube app and replace the Google Maps app with an Apple-based version. As with any update, there could be bugs or reduced battery life. Any iPhone newer than the 3G can upgrade, so hit it up, and let us know in the comments what kind of changes you’re seeing.
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day