Given that Google’s next Nexus handset could very well be announced later this month, we guess the flurry of rumors and leaks of photos are to be expected. While it has yet to be confirmed, LG seems to be the frontrunner as the manufacturer of choice for 2012’s Nexus handset. So far we’ve seen several photos posted online that were allegedly taken by the next-gen Nexus, and thanks to additional leaked photos, it seems that what we are looking at above is the LG Nexus in its prototype glory. This is apparently the same LG E960 that was spotted at the FCC a while ago and according to its poster, this is the same phone.
While the original poster did not specifically mention it was the next-gen Nexus, many believe that this could be it. Its model in its settings also reveals that it has been given the codename “Mako” which was spotted in the EXIF data in earlier photos, and it also appears to be running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. So, what do you guys make of this?
Next Story: Open World Forum - Paris - October 11-13
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25: LG Optimus Zone 2 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-03-14: Alleged LG G3 Screenshot "Confirms" 2560x1440 Display
- 2014-02-14: LG G Pad 8.3 For Verizon Leaked
- 2012-10-11: More LG Nexus photos leaked, this time with more clarity
- 2012-10-09: LG Nexus photos leaked - could this be it?