Hmmm, the rumor mill does seem to go into overdrive where the Android world is concerned, and here we are with word that a new version of Android, Android 4.2 is due to arrive sometime next month. Not only that, the device that will have the honor of running Android 4.2 right out of the box would be the LG Optimus G Nexus, and said rumors also pointed towards a joint event being held by Google and LG, where the latter will then make the announcement for the new device.
This will definitely jive in with other rumors surrounding how Google is working to recalibrate their Nexus brand name to include more hardware manufacturers, not to mention the Nexus 7 family to go beyond just tablets alone, but rather, to cater for smartphones in the process as well.
As for just what Android 4.2 will bring, this is nothing major, but rather, will be a minor update to Jelly Bean. After all, there are already whispers of Android 5.0 floating around, citing that the next major Android revision will happen in autumn next year.
Next Story: HP has no smartphones for 2013 roster
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-03-13: Google Smartwatch Specifications Rumored
- 2014-03-09: Android SDK For Wearables Coming In Two Weeks
- 2014-03-04: Google Nexus 6 Might Be LG G3 Lite
- 2014-02-23: Google's Smartwatch Could Be Made By LG [Rumor]
- 2014-02-17: LG Apparently Wants To Wow Google With Its Technology