While we have absolutely no idea just what Google wants to call Android 4.2 (can you think of any dessert that starts with the letter “K”?), we do know one thing for sure – the next Android update will be Android 4.2 instead of making the jump over to Android 5.0. The thing is, folks over at Android Police managed to obtain an Android 4.2 ROM for themselves, and sharing some of the new changes that are in line would be a spanking new “Quick Settings” interface.
Needless to say, what you see above is far from the finished article, where an actual file from the Android 4.2 dump shows the above, which functions as a placeholder graphic for the moment, at least until the code is complete. A dual-downward-swipe gesture will allow one to access the Quick Settings interface. Chances are, this would mean a far easier way to access Wi-Fi, airplane mode, and the other device settings which are present in select Android user interfaces. We do look forward to an Android 4.2 release.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android,
- Seen at: pocketnow