Is it a tablet? Is it a notebook? Well, those two questions will most probably be asked by many people when they first lay their eyes on it, and that also depends on how you plan to make full use of this particular piece of consumer electronics. The Asus Taichi easily falls under the category of a notebook/tablet hybrid, where it has just arrived at the FCC while picking up collective nods of approval from folks there.
The Asus Taichi will come in either 11.6” or 13.3” flavors, where it will carry an Ivy Bridge Core i7 processor underneath the hood, which is accompanied by 4GB RAM and in an interesting design twist, a display that is located on both sides of its lid. No official launch date has been attached to the Asus Taichi, but since it has already passed the rigorous tests from the FCC, you can be sure that it is well on its way to the masses. One thing’s for sure, you will not find the Asus Taichi released before the rollout of Windows 8, as the latest operating system from Microsoft is going to debut later this month.
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-12-02: Asus M80T Tablet Hits The FCC
- 2013-09-25: Asus TF502T Tablets Arrives At The FCC
- 2013-08-28: ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Hits The FCC
- 2012-07-30: Asus Tablet 810 spotted at the FCC