We’re not sure how many of you guys absolutely need the 3D feature on Apple’s Maps app and Google Maps, but it’s still a nice feature to have. Well if you rely on that feature a lot and you were thinking about making the switch to Blackberry 10 in the future, you might want to take note that according to RIM, Blackberry 10’s maps will not feature 3D viewing, a feature which RIM thinks is unnecessary.
RIM has partnered with TomTom for their mapping feature and given TomTom’s reputation for their GPS systems, we expect you should be able to find your way without really needing 3D, right? What do you guys think? Do you think 3D viewing is a make or break feature, or could you care less as long as you get to your destination?
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-07-25: TomTom To Add Real-Time Traffic To BlackBerry 10 Maps App