[DEMO Fall 2012] Today, BlipBoard for iPhone was launched at DEMO Fall, the application acts like a social map, where people can access information and alerts in real time about what is happening nearby.
Users can tune in to people and places and get instant information about events, happy hours, restaurant specials and many other happenings posted by people and venues around the city. It looks like one of the key concepts of this app is to attract active contributors that will have a large following in order to make them “local tastemakers” or “trendsetters”, just like the “influencers” in Twitter who count hundreds of thousands of followers. Yelp call them the “Elite members”.
Following the SoLoMo trend, a term coined in 2011 by KPCB, a number of startups try to enhance or combine the successful location-based and social networking apps out there, namely Facebook, Foursquare, Yelp and Twitter. I need to test BlipBoard to see if it is more fun and efficient to use than the ones I already check regularly. In case you try it, please let me know in the comments what you think.
- 2014-03-26: Loopd, Hyper-Local Communication and Social CRM iPhone App
- 2014-03-17: RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile Revealed
- 2014-02-23: Lenovo S860 Smartphone with Long Lasting Battery Life
- 2014-02-23: Lenovo S850 Slim All-Glass Smartphone
- 2014-02-04: Everything.me Moves Out Of Beta After 2M Downloads
- 2013-07-09: Pearltrees: Visual Collaborative Content Curation for Android
- 2012-07-24: Pearltrees for iPhone
- 2012-04-11: UXPin Offers Better Collaboration in UX Design Process
- 2010-12-13: BlackBerry News Feed App Beta