A couple of days ago it was reported that the Call of Duty Elite service would go free when Black Ops 2 launches on the 13th of November. While that sounds like good news for Elite subscribers who did not want to pay for the $50 a year subscription, this might not be so good news for Wii U gamers. As some of you guys are aware, Black Ops 2 will be released for the Wii U on the 18th of November, a few days after it has launched for other platforms (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC). Now according to Activision, they have yet to work out a strategy to bring Call of Duty Elite onto the Wii U console, and Game Rant speculates that it might have something to do with the Wii U’s own online network, which means that adapting Elite for the Wii U might be a bit tricky.
This isn’t to say that Elite won’t be available for the Wii U, it’s just that the service will not be available for the Wii U version of Black Ops 2 at launch. Hopefully the developers will figure something out when the DLCs for Black Ops 2 start rolling out. No timeframe has been given for the release, but hopefully it won’t be too far into the future.
Next Story: Apple loses appeal in UK against Samsung
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme