As some of you guys know by now, Corning’s Gorilla Glass has been used in many of mobile devices, with some manufacturers using it as a means of marketing just how tough and high quality are the materials used, but have you ever wondered just how many devices out there actually use Gorilla Glass? Well in their quarterly earnings release, Corning has revealed that there are over 1 billion devices worldwide that currently employ the use of their Gorilla Glass. This includes major manufacturers such as Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, HTC, LG, Lenovo, Nokia and Sony, with Gorilla Glass itself being responsible for $363 million in revenues for the company in Q3 of 2012 alone! Pretty impressive we reckon. So what’s next for Corning? It’s none other than the Willow Glass, an ultra-thin and bendy glass display that could make its way into our foldable/bendable smartphones/tablets in the future!RELATED
- Samsung Will Reportedly Focus On Smartphone Accessories And Peripherals In 2014
- Amazon Prime Air Video Wasn't Shot In The U.S.
- Chromecast Gets Ten New Content Partners
- ZowPow Plush Toy Controller Targets Kids
- Google Glass Plays Nice With WordPress Unofficially
- Follow: corning, gorilla glass,
- Seen at: tuaw