Apple’s announcing something tomorrow, and although we’re not completely sure what we’re going to see, we have a pretty good idea it involves something “mini.” But there may be a surprise update to the iPad “3″ tomorrow to bring it up to date with the rest of iOS’s new line: it will ditch the old 30-pin connector for Apple’s new Lightning port.
Apple’s new connector is a significant technical achievement and a clear improvement over the old connector. The problem is, the 30-pin covers all iPhones up to the 4S and it started way back with the original iPod. So there’s a huge ecosystem of products still on the market that use it. But it’s time to change, and update all of Apple’s products, so the new ecosystem can flourish. It makes sense that tomorrow’s a good time for Apple to update their flagship tablet as they introduce a new tablet. So here’s a PSA: don’t buy an iPad until you know it’s getting updated, unless you have 30-pin accessories you were hoping to use.
Image courtesy of Apple.ProRELATED
- Siri's Improved Accuracy Is Reportedly Due To Less Reliance On Google
- Samsung Rumored To Be Involved With Apple's A8 Manufacturing
- Apple Patent Reveals Plans For A Goggle Device
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Follow: iPad, ipad 3, iPad mini, lightning,
- Seen at: 9to5mac