HTC’s foray into the phablet market kicked off with the HTC J Butterfly in Japan, where we also spotted the HTC DLX just a few days ago. Well, it seems that the the HTC 6435LVW has already made its way to the Global Certification Forum, not to mention appearing on Verizon’s Minimum Advertised Price listing as the “HTC DROID DNA.” Of course, one might say that the HTC DLX (pronounced as HTC Deluxe) was nothing more than a codename until now, so there is every possibility that it could be marketed as the HTC Droid DNA eventually. Personally, I think that HTC DLX is a whole lot cooler than Droid DNA, after all, we don’t think that this is going to be the building block of the Droid brand simply because it isn’t.
The listing also pointed to a minimum advertised price that has been set at $199, which is pretty much in line with what most folks would have expected, in addition to a start date of November 20th that would clearly make it in time for a Thanksgiving launch thereabouts.
Next Story: Nexus 4 render revealed?
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-02-04: HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-16: Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored
- 2013-05-09: HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013