Come 29th of October, there is a good chance that Google will be unveiling their new Nexus handset (or could be handsets, if the rumors are to be believed). If you’re looking for further proof that something like that could be taking place, the folks at Mobile Syrup have gotten their hands on a leaked screenshot of Canadian carrier, Bell, in which it was revealed that on the 18th of October (which has since passed), the Galaxy Nexus will be discontinued. Of course remaining stock will still be available for purchase, but once Bell is sold out, you will have to look for the handset via alternative means. If anything, this seems like a very good indication that the Galaxy Nexus’ successor is on the way – after all why discontinue such a popular handset unless you have something better to replace it with, right? We’re not sure if other carriers in the US or around the world have discontinued the Galaxy Nexus as well, or are going to, but we guess we will have to wait until the 29th of October to see the LG Nexus 4 rumors pan out. Be sure to check back with us then for the confirmation!
- 2013-12-05: Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- 2013-11-05: Petition Urges Google To Reconsider Android 4.4 For Galaxy Nexus
- 2013-11-03: Android 4.4 Verizon Galaxy Nexus Custom ROM Released
- 2013-11-01: Galaxy Nexus Will Not Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-31: Sprint Galaxy Nexus Android 4.3 Update Build GJ04 Released