It goes without saying that each new software release should naturally come with better features and work in a more streamlined, stable manner. The same goes to Gmail for Android 4.2 which was apparently leaked in the video above. The thing is, Android 4.2 is not even released yet, with the most recent version of the Android operating system being 4.1.2, but the video above does seem to suggest that Android 4.2 is not too far off into the horizon.
The latest leaked APK was obtained by Android Police, and the demo video above showcased pinch-to-zoom capability for individual emails, in addition to a far easier manner of managing your emails – such as the beloved swipe to delete or archive. The app has been labeled as version 4.2, whispers are going around that your device will need to be rooted with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at the very minimum in tow to run the APK. Have you managed to snag a copy of the Gmail for Android 4.2 APK somewhere and given it a go? How do you find it?
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-02: Gmail For Android Screenshots Hint At Possible New Interface
- 2013-09-25: Gmail For Android Update Brings Cards Interface To Conversations
- 2013-06-30: Gmail Android App Update Brings Back Delete Button
- 2013-06-03: New Gmail For Android With New Inbox And Navigation Released
- 2013-05-27: Redesigned Gmail App Allegedly Releasing This Week