If you’ve enjoyed playing Grand Theft Auto on your computer or your console, you were probably chuffed to learn that Rockstar made Grand Theft Auto 3 available for your mobile devices as well, giving gamers a similar gaming experience while on the go. Well the good news is that in celebration of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City’s 10th Anniversary (29th October), Rockstar has announced that they will be re-releasing the game for mobile platforms (iOS and Android) this Fall. According to the announcement:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was originally released in October 2002 for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, just one year after its predecessor, Grand Theft Auto III, changed the gaming landscape forever with its combination of open-world freedom, humor and action in a living, breathing city. Vice City expanded upon the open world gameplay of Grand Theft Auto III, combined with nostalgia for the 1980s to create one of the true high points in the marriage of video games and mainstream pop culture, loved by hardcore gamers and casual players alike. The upcoming mobile version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City brings the full experience to mobile devices, featuring native high-resolution graphics and several enhancements unique to the iOS and Android platforms.
So specific date has been mentioned, but we’ll keep our eyes peeled all the same. Anyone else excited by this piece of news?
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04: Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-27: Red Dead Redemption 2 Could Launch As Soon As 2014, According To Analyst
- 2014-01-22: GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-22: US Cable Companies Sue The Rockstar Patent Consortium
- 2013-12-11: GTA: San Andreas For iOS Released
- 2013-11-26: GTA: San Andreas For iOS, Android And More Launches Next Month
- 2013-10-30: Alec Baldwin Refused To Lend His Voice In Grand Theft Auto
- 2013-10-03: GTA Online Launch Updates
- 2013-09-19: No New GTA London Planned For The Moment