Word on the street has it that Apple could be introducing an iMac refresh at its event on the 23rd of October (alongside the iPad mini and refreshed Mac minis and possibly the 13” Retina MacBook Pro). While that remains to be seen, there are reports that the shipping time for iMacs have started to slip in some of Apple’s European retail stores. Popping on over to a German or UK store will see iMac shipping times now set at an estimate of 1-3 days. This is a bit odd considering that the current iMac isn’t exactly in high demand and that its already a little over a year old. This could imply that we might be seeing the new iMacs start to arrive soon. However it should be noted that this delay seems to be isolated to a few European Apple stores and isn’t widespread, so there is a chance that we could be getting excited for nothing and that this is merely a one off incident. In any case we guess all will be revealed tomorrow, so do check back with us on the 23rd for the details!
- 2014-04-10: Low Cost iMac, 12-Inch Retina MacBook Air Expected This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-28: The iMacompanion Adds A USB Port To The Front Of iMacs
- 2013-12-05: Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- 2013-10-29: Man Files Class-Action Lawsuit Against Apple Over Failing 27" iMac Displays