Since the past few months, it is being rumored that Apple is creating a smaller version of iPad, commonly termed iPad mini, which will be launched by the tech giant in October this year. Now that we have finally entered October, the rumors surrounding iPad mini are gaining traction yet again.
However, the source of this latest alleged scoop is part of a prestigious organization and it may be hard to look away from what he is reporting. According to Fortune’s Phillip Elmer-Dewitt, he has been tipped off by a certain source that Apple will be sending out invites to iPad mini press event by October 10.
According to Phillip, he has received this information from a major Apple investor. The alleged iPad mini is said to feature a 7.85-inch display. In the past, a number of dummy photos and videos of iPad mini have hit the web, specifically from Chinese vendors.
This indicates that the design of such a tablet may have been leaked by Apple’s manufacturers in China, if the tablet actually exists. If indeed Apple rolls out the invites on October 10, as Phillip holds, it will finally affirm that Apple will be pitting itself against Amazon and Google in the mini-tablet market.
Next Story: White House gets hit by a cyber attack
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-10-22 New iPad Mini Gets Retina Display
- 2013-07-08 Second Generation iPad Mini Might Be Delayed
- 2013-05-05 10-inch Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Rumored
- 2013-03-31 Apple Denied iPad Mini Trademark
- 2013-03-29 Apple Could Ditch Samsung As iPad Mini Display Supplier