If the recent rumors are to be believed, Apple is expected to announce the iPad mini at an Apple event on the 10th of October. We’re a little over a week from that rumored date so we guess we won’t have to wait too long to see if that date pans out. However if you’re looking for more “evidence” to corroborate that rumor, it seems that Japanese blog Macotakara is reporting that production of the iPad mini has begun at Foxconn’s factory in Brazil. While they did not specifically state Foxconn, they indicated that the manufacturer was one that manufactures the bulk of Apple’s products and who recently opened a factory in Brazil – not very subtle as it leaves little to the imagination.
It is unclear as to whether the iPad mini will be produced primarily at the Foxconn Brazil plant, or if the Brazil plant will be taking some of the workload off Foxconn’s China plants which is where most of Apple’s products are manufactured. If Apple were to announce the iPad mini on the 10th of October, we guess it would make sense that production of the device would already be underway. However as this is merely a rumor, taking it with a grain of salt would seem like the best course of action but do check back with us on later on in the week where hopefully we will have more details for you.
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued