Yesterday we reported that according to a T-Mobile leak, it was suggested that the Isis mobile wallet feature could be arriving in the Google Play stores come 22nd of October. Well the good news is that if you were looking forward to a mobile wallet feature, you’re in luck as Isis has come forward and announced that this is indeed true, and that come next Monday, customers can expect the mobile wallet feature. While this might be a pretty convenient and useful feature, it will require phones that are compatible with it, and according to Isis, customers can expect 20 Isis-compatible handsets by the end of the year.
While T-Mobile has yet to confirm the number of Isis devices they will offer, AT&T has confirmed that they will have five phones that will play nice with the mobile wallet feature. This includes the Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One X, Samsung Exhilarate, LG Espace, and the Samsung Rugby Pro. Verizon said that their Isis-compatible handsets will be announced on Monday, although it wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination to think that the Samsung Galaxy S3 for Verizon will be one of them.
Next Story: Sony NEX-7 firmware update released
- 2013-11-14: Isis Mobile Wallet Finally Rolls Out Nationwide
- 2013-09-19: Isis Mobile Payment Solution Loses Banking Partner Capital One
- 2013-08-21: Isis Ready SIM Cards Arriving At T-Mobile Stores
- 2013-07-31: Isis Mobile Payment Solution National Rollout Commences In 2013
- 2012-10-18: Isis confirms mobile wallet rollout on Monday
- 2012-10-17: Isis mobile wallet to debut in Google Play come 22nd of October according to leaked T-Mobile screenshot