When cell phone service goes down, the whole world goes haywire. Today, Sprint’s often-spotty service went totally down in the Pacific Northwest, and as a result Sprint subscribers in Portland and Seattle can’t make calls. That’s not all, though. Alaska Airlines is also reporting that the outage also affects thier internal systems, so they can’t check passengers in. They’ve had to delay flights. Sprint’s official word is that it’s a fiber cut:
Due to a fiber cut in the Pacific northwest, you may have issues making or receiving calls, or accessing data services if you are in the Minnesota, Washington, or Oregon areas. The issue has been identified and crews are working diligently to correct the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Are you experiencing issues with Sprint cell phone service?
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2011-07-11: Nationwide texting outage for Sprint subscribers?