All right, we did take a look at the LG Optimus G sometime at the end of last month, and we do know that the smartphone itself is not too far away from a US release sometime later this November, which is a month after the handset rolls out in Japan. While pricing details are unavailable, at least we have more concrete information on just which carrier in the US will offer the LG Optimus G – and Sprint as well as AT&T will be two of the candidates.
This bit of information came about after LG rolled out a statement that confirmed AT&T and Sprint as the carriers who will have the LG Optimus G as part of their inventory this November. AT&T themselves are working on a statement to announce this bit of news, but pricing details and exact availability remain unknown as at press time.
One ought to take note that on paper, it might sound like the same LG Optimus G being offered by Sprint and AT&T, but if you were to look closer, the AT&T version will feature an 8-megapixel camera sensor, while Sprint’s model will ship with a far larger 13-megapixel camera at the back. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2013-04-03 AT&T LG Optimus G Receives Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-03-07 Sprint LG Optimus G Receives Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-10-22 LG Optimus G gets rooted before it even hits the shelves
- 2012-10-16 AT&T announces the LG Optimus G for 2nd November, pre-orders now available
- 2012-10-15 LG Optimus G pricing announced by Sprint