There is a very high tendency to assume that majority of the video game market targets young males who are wired in a certain way, although the truth might feature a more diversified gamer base. Having said that, cosmetics giant L’Oreal is hoping to shake things up in the video game industry by making available a L’Oreal app for the Xbox 360, where users (or should we say, gamers) will be able to obtain some fashion tips right before they head off for a Xbox 360 party, or perhaps to view video tutorials and purchase certain products. Conde Nast’s Lucky magazine will share the burden of providing some of the content, and you can expect regularly updated content which should have a one year run at the minimum.
It is said that “The Next Level” is the only “female-centric” app to launch on the Xbox 360 to date – does anyone else want to dispute that? According to Jacqueline Corbelli, Microsoft’s data points towards 40% of its 20 million Xbox Live users in the US being female, meaning there is one huge and potential market to explore this concept with.
Next Story: CAMER:ing is a cool digital camera in a ring
- 2014-04-23 Grid Autosport By Codemasters Coming This June
- 2014-04-14 Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11 Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07 GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06 Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled