The other day we reported that according to reports, T-Mobile, Sprint and Dish Network were rumored to be in talks with MetroPCS over a possible acquisition. Well as it turns out the rumors were right, at least to a certain extent. MetroPCS has come forward and confirmed that they are currently in talks with Deutsche Telekom, the parent company of T-Mobile USA.
However they also stated that these talks might not necessarily result in a deal but for those keeping track, at the very least something is going on. Analysts have expressed their belief that this deal could be approved by regulatory bodies if it were to happen as this acquisition would strengthen T-Mobile’s position against the competition, unlike the proposed AT&T and T-Mobile deal which was considered by some to be anticompetitive. Either way we’ll keep our eyes and ears peeled for more information and will update you guys accordingly.
Next Story: Blackberry 10's map will not feature 3D viewing
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-02-25: MetroPCS' Network To Be Decommissioned By End Of 2014
- 2013-07-26: MetroPCS Adds Nokia Lumia 521, LG Optimus F3 While Expanding Coverage
- 2013-06-13: T-Mobile UNcarrier "Phase 2" Expected To Launch On 23rd June
- 2013-06-12: MetroPCS Bring-Your-Own-Phone Program Launched
- 2013-06-04: MetroPCS To Get Two T-Mobile Branded Devices, Starts BYOP From 12th June