In June this year, we did mention that the New Super Mario Bros. 2 game will come with paid DLCs (downloadable content) in the future, and after waiting patiently for a few months, here we are with confirmation of the US release date for the New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Rush DLC which has been set at October 4th, 2012, following the release of the very same DLC across the pond today. It is just slightly more than a day and a half left for you to wait if you happen to reside Stateside, and this would also mark the presence of the first add-on known as the Gold Rush Pack.
In this Gold Rush DLC, you will be tasked with collecting upto 30,000 coins (I guess the economy in Mario’s world is a whole lot healthier than what we have here globally at the moment), while the second, Coin Challenge Pack A, will see gamers duke it out in order to achieve a new high score among themselves. There is a third pack as well – the Nerve-Wrack Pack which has been billed as the game’s “toughest challenge yet” where the difficulty has been given a shot of steroids. Expect to fork out $2.50 a pop for folks living in the US.
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2013-10-16: Nintendo Releases 27 New Super Mario 3D World Screenshots
- 2013-10-01: Super Mario 3D World Gets New Gameplay Trailer Highlighting New Powerups
- 2012-10-04: Nintendo's new 3DS XL colors and patterns are worth nerding-out over
- 2012-10-02: New Super Mario Bros. 2 Coin Rush DLC arrives in US on October 4th
- 2012-04-10: Super Mario headphones for the hardcore fan
- 2011-11-21: Nintendo announces 3DS bundles for Thanksgiving
- 2011-10-06: Super Mario Land 3D trailer and images released
- 2011-04-21: Super Mario 3DS is a mix between Galaxy and N64 game
- 2011-02-01: Mario confirmed for Nintendo 3DS