If you happen to own the Nikon 1 digital camera, then you are in for a treat as Nikon has just announced an expansion to their lens range for the Nikon 1 under the 1 NIKKOR lens family. In fact, consumers will be on the receiving end of not one or two, but three new lenses. These new lenses are sure to expand your photo shooting horizon, where they will be the 32mm medium-telephoto fixed focal length lens with a fast maximum aperture of f/1.2 optimal for portraits exhibiting significant background blur; a vibration-reduction (VR) equipped 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 ultra wide-angle zoom lens that is the first 1 NIKKOR lens to offer a 100° angle of view; and a compact and lightweight 10x zoom lens covering the 10-100mm range of focal lengths with maximum apertures of f/4-5.6, which makes this the ideal lens to tote around everywhere regardless of the situation.
So far, Nikon has remained mum on the actual release dates for these lenses, and neither do we know just how much of a premium will Nikon slap on them, but we do hope to be there to catch the news when it breaks and relay it to our readers! [Press Release]
Next Story: GM to patch Chevrolet Volts with firmware update
- 2014-04-17 Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10 Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10 Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09 Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28 Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2013-02-17 Nikon Lenses Major Rebate Plan Announced
- 2013-02-14 Huge Rebate Plan For Nikon Lenses Coming [Rumor]
- 2011-07-12 Nikon launches new AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR 40mm f/2.8G Lens
- 2011-07-07 iPhone SLR Mount turns your iPhone into "an SLR"
- 2010-12-26 Nikon patents lens that can zoom manually or electronically