Be warned! If you have always wanted to take the wireless image transfer route with your DSLR to your computer, then you might want to take note that both the Nikon D800 and the D800E will not be compatible with the Eye-Fi X2 card. Yes sir, the folks over at Eye-Fi recently released a statement, touting the incompatibility of the Eye-Fi X2 cards with the Nikon D800/D800E. The statement reads as follows :-
Eye-Fi engineering has found and confirmed a compatibility issue with the Eye-Fi card that impacts the use of Direct Mode in the Nikon D800. We are currently investigating an issue with the D800′s SD slot that appears to contribute to a lack of steady signal while the Eye-Fi card is in Direct Mode which makes the Direct Mode feature incompatible with the camera. The Nikon D800/D800e passes all other wireless network tests and is compatible with wireless transfers via a wireless router.
Well, there you have it, from the horse’s mouth.
Next Story: More LG E960 pictures leak
- 2014-04-17: Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR
- 2013-04-06: Nikon D7100 Hands-On Review
- 2013-03-11: Nikon D7100 Could See A $100 Discount On Launch
- 2013-02-21: Official Nikon D7100 Sample Images Revealed
- 2013-02-15: Nikon Holding Press Event In Thailand On 21st February
- 2012-04-18: Nikon D3200 DSLR enters entry level market